A speller qualifying for the 2015 National Spelling Bee must meet these requirements:
1. The speller must not have been declared winner or champion of any category in the TeamMasters National Spelling Bee.
2. The speller must be enrolled to a school i.e. must be a registered pupil or student of a registered school (Primary, Secondary or Home School).
3. The speller must still be within the age category of 6 – 17 years all through the period of the competition i.e. September 2017 – April 2018.
4. The speller must not have passed beyond the category of registration by December 2018.
5. The speller must not have repeated any class for the purpose of extending spelling bee eligibility. If the speller has repeated any class, the speller must notify TeamMasters of the circumstances of repetition and TeamMasters, in its sole discretion, determine the speller’s eligibility status on or before the District Finals.
6. The speller must be registered to participate in the competition either by the school (School registration) or by speller’s parent, guardian or relative (Individual Registration).
7. The speller must not bypass or circumvent normal school activities to study for spelling Bee.
8. The speller must not have been disqualified at any level of the previous editions of the Bee.
9. The speller must not have any first-, second- or third-degree relatives (i.e. sibling, child, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, half-sibling, first cousin or great grandchild) who are current employees of TeamMasters Consulting.
10. The speller, upon qualifying for the competition, must submit a completed online Speller’s Profile form, a signed Parental Consent Form and a passport photograph to TeamMasters. The speller will notify TeamMasters, at least 24 hours prior to the first day of competition, if any of the statements made on the forms are no longer true or require updating.
TeamMasters reserve the right to disqualify prior to or during competition any speller who is not in compliance with any of the above Eligibility Requirements.